Sunday, September 18, 2011

EK Podcast #2

Hello again,
Today I come bearing a second podcast. I am keeping this post simple because all the updates are in it!



Show notes:

Updated picture!


Questions:
1. When and how did you start knitting or crocheting?
2. Whats your most favorite finished object that you’ve made?
3. What’s the weirdest thing you’ve ever knitted or crocheted?
4. What was your most epic fail in knitting or crochet?
5. What size crochet hook or knitting needle do you use most often?
6. If you could only choose one color to knit with for the rest of your days, what color would that be?
7. If you could only knit or crochet one thing (category, scarves, hats, etc) for the rest of your days, what would that be?
8. Tell me about your ideal knitting situation-where are you? Who are you with? What are you doing? What are you wearing? Etc.

***Please let me know if you'd like to contribute to the podcast like I discussed at the end! If you would like to record a short piece for it, I can also add that as well.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad you decided to do another episode! I've been thinking about your questions and I really like number 4.

    I can't think of my most epic fail, but I can think of the worst thing that's ever happened to a garment I knitted.
    I was 14, and I was wearing my favorite hand-knit sweater. (Ok it was my only hand-knit sweater and it fit terribly and it was really ugly and I had no idea how to do intarsia at the time so the skulls on the sleeves were done in fair isle which means they were all bunched up and puckery.)
    In spite of its flaws (and there were many) I wore the sweater in public, in private, all the time. I was so proud of it.
    Then one day I was playing on my porch in the rain, wearing flip-flops. Now, these were in the days when I was very athletic and agile, and I used to climb down the balcony all the time.
    I bet you can guess what happened.
    I fell off the balcony, on account of it being slippery and wet and me wearing flip flops. I hit my head pretty hard when I hit the ground and I ended up unconscious.
    While I was unconscious, my parents called the paramedics who came and did their job by taking me to the hospital.
    Unfortunately, in order to be sure the rest of my body wasn't injured they had to CUT THE SWEATER OFF OF ME.
    I was fine, by the way. No breaks, or anything. My lungs were bruised, but mostly the only thing hurt was my pride.
    and my sweater
    Which they cut off of me and which was now in pieces.
    I can't hate them. They were just doing their job trying to help out a stupid kid who fell off her balcony.
    But I held onto the pieces for a long time, wishing I could sew it together.

    ReplyDelete