Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Best lounge everrr...

Hello again,
As I mentioned in my last post, I'm in school, and I go to school in new york city (you may be able to figure out where I go from the pictures in the post, that's cool with me). I have a four hour break between classes every wednesday, which sucks. For the past year, I've stuck with the same lounge on one of the floors of the student center. It's got lots of comfy sofa chairs, a tv that's always on CNN, and that's good enough for me. However, it does get really loud (so I can't hear the tv) and I always feel a little weird being by myself a lot of the time as people congregate around me with their friends, eating lunch.
Last week I decided to venture out, and in my boredom I was surfing around on foursquare. If you haven't heard of foursquare, basically its an app where you 'check in' to places and you can leave tips for other people (its a bit silly). I was checking out what people wrote for the student center, and someone suggested the 9th floor.
I went.
It's amazing. It's got even comfier chairs, its a smaller lounge, and its always quiet because people seem to generally just be on their computers doing work, not congregating with friends. Also, it happens to have an awesome view of the city:

My iphone camera really doesn't do it justice, but that's okay. Also, see the girl sitting in the chair facing the windows on the right? A few minutes after I took this picture, she left and I took her chair right up against the window. I felt more calm than I had all day, sitting up against that window, knitting peacefully and listening to music. 



That's a fuzzy picture because the lower part of the window had dots all over it (purposefully). That's a view of washington square park, you can see the arch pretty clearly.

PS: I discovered a knitting group! As I was leaving the building my classes are in, I spied yarn! Turns out, these two girls had just started a knitting group in my program! I was super excited, but I couldn't stay long because I had plans with a friend to go to lunch. But, I did get a chance to chat with them for a good 20 or so minutes about knitting, crocheting, and ravelry, and knit a couple rows on my sweater in the process. My first real live actual young knitter interaction!

2 comments:

  1. yay knitting group! that could speed up a few of those four hours...

    lovely pics. i have a friend who keeps harassing me to go to New York, but i've always been afraid it'll be too busy for me. one day i'll have to go visit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. quite honestly, i'm really not a fan of nyc. unfortunately i have to be there for school, but I hate going there (I don't live there).

    ReplyDelete