Sunday, September 4, 2011

FO: Garter & Ribbed Cowl

Hello again,
I finished it! I mentioned in the podcast I posted on Thursday that I've had the cowl I mentioned in June on the needles without working on it since....June. With some encouragement from Cecilia (don't drool on the wool blog) and in my disappointment with the karius scarf (curl city), I picked it back up again last night.
Since it's been a while since I've blogged about it, I'll give you the stats again:

Yarn: Bernat Softee (leftovers from two scarves I made for my boyfriend and for myself...both were made out of the 'scrunchable scarf' pattern on ravelry, which I love)
Needles: size 9
Pattern: CO 36, 1x1 rib for 6 rows, 6 rows of garter and repeat

When I was working on the cowl in June, I was debating doing a pink stripe in the cowl. When I picked it up last night I decided to just go for it, and I like the result. The colors are impossible to photograph, the pictures really don't show the colors well.



P.S.:
Here are pictures of the original scarves:
yes, that's his 'i'm modeling' pose. uhhhh...
I love this scarf. I wore it all last winter, it's my fav.
P.P.S. Check out my new haircut! Goodbye split ends, that's for sure...

3 comments:

  1. Love the haircut!
    And the cowl came out wicked cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. and i love how you added a pink stripe! it doesn't really ever get cold enough for me to NEED a cowl, but i almost always love them. (sigh.)
    ps. omg your hair looks great!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. very cute! oh, go check out my latest blog post...a surprise awaits you!

    ReplyDelete