Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Sweater Details + a little background on my life

Hello again,
Thanks for all the feedback about the sweater! As of right now (I haven't knitted yet today) I don't have much progress to show you, I've only done five or so more rows past the armpits at this point. I never thought i'd say this, but its a breath of fresh air to be doing 140 stitch rows instead of like, 250 stitch rows. By the way, I just wrote fresh hair instead of air. I'm tired.
Anyway, here is the details of the sweater I'm making for anyone who is interested.

The pattern is the 'Lodi Cardigan' by Tanis Gray, from the summer 2011 issue of knitscene magazine (by the way, if you haven't checked out that magazine, I highly recommend it, they always have really cute projects). It's a simple top down raglan (duh, first sweater and I like to watch tv while I knit) and I really haven't had any issues with understanding the pattern at all. I had to frog it a couple of times at the beginning, one time that was particularly frustrating because I realized a few rows too late that I had to knit a stitch instead of yarning over. When I ripped it out I couldn't figure out how to pick up the yarn overs and I had to undo everything. Irritating.
Anyway, here's a link to the pattern on ravelry: check it out. By the way, my username is longridehome on ravelry if you aren't friends with me yet and would like to be.

I'm using Vanna's choice yarn on size 9 needles. I kind of hate vanna's choice yarn. Please don't ask me why this is what I chose if I don't like it, I'm just stupid. Seriously. That's the only reason.

Anyway, I've also realized that while I've talked a whole lot about knitting here, I haven't really told you any background about myself other than what you see on my little about me blurb. I'm in graduate school working on my master's in social work and I've just begun my second and final year. I've had a lot of free time this summer, but my life gets pretty crazy during school. I'm a full time student and I have an internship three days a week, which can get pretty stressful. I just started yesterday (Monday) and I had my first week of classes last week. If you are curious what I'm doing at my internship, I am working in a college counseling center as a counselor (that was repetitive). Since I just started, I don't have any clients yet, but I'll keep you updated on how things go. Last year my internship was in in a day program for severely mentally ill adults running lots and lots of therapy groups. While it was interesting, it was always really really hard and I didn't like it very much. Working with students one on one is a lot more geared to my skill set.

Thanks for reading!

3 comments:

  1. ...I wonder why it's called the Lodi Cardigan- I live right by a city called Lodi.

    Also, wow! Good luck with your internships and getting your Master's! What an accomplishment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, good on you for getting into social work. It takes a special kind of person I think.
    I started working in aged care a couple of months ago, and it has been a real eye opener. Next year I'll be heading back to uni to begin a nursing degree. YIKES!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, I like your blog; It has so much personality.

    ReplyDelete