Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Attempts at Car Knitting

Hello,
In the last 48 hours or so, I have been sitting in a car for about 15 of them with my family on a drive up to Canada for a wedding. This was not fun. I have a neck ache and more, and my cramped legs are still recovering. Ouch!
Thinking that this would be a perfect time to knit, and with the idea (cough, fantasy) of finishing my second sock in mind, I brought along the sock and my cowl.
I was bored out of my mind the entire time, and please remember that my view out of the window was pretty much this the entire time:
Blurry Photo #1: Trees, Trees, Trees, Trees, Trees.....
 Although for brief moments somewhere in upstate New York it was this:
Blurry Photo #2
 Considering all of these factors, you'd think that my fingers would have been itching to knit the entire time. However, I found car knitting to not only be uncomfortable, but kind of annoying. Now I wrote that word real small because I'm embarrassed of this confession. I only managed to get about a half an inch done on my sock and a bit more on my cowl. Here's the picture I managed to get of the cowl:
Blurry Photo #3: Featuring my lap and cramped knees




Anyway, I found car knitting to be difficult mainly because my normal way to knit is in the laziest position possible-lying down on my bed watching movies. I'm not used to knitting sitting up and so under the best of circumstances it tends to feel slightly awkward, but in a cramped car-forget it. 

So there you go. I am indeed ashamed. 

3 comments:

  1. Weird. I love car knitting, and won't get in a car without a sock or something on the go. Also, I don't think I could manage knitting laying down.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there! I found your blog through Rav's Post you blog' thread, and you make some very lovely things! Is it okay if I follow you?

    ReplyDelete
  3. jennifer-thanks! of course you can that would be awesome!

    ReplyDelete