Monday, June 13, 2011

WIP: Cowl

Hello,
Firstly, I'd like to thank anyone who has read or commented so far! I very much appreciate it and it makes me feel like I'm not talking to myself! Haha.
I attempted to start the second sock last night. One thing that threw me off-is the second skein a different dye lot? !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Okay, I'm not sure if it is or not because I don't have the ballband of the first skein. And maybe the colors look lighter because the first skein is mostly used up? I don't know, but I'm a little freaked out by it. It may just be my imagination. Either way, I'm using that one.
I got a two rows into the sock, but then on the third row i messed up the ribbing somehow and ripped it out. I hate casting on and now I have to do it again! UGH. I will though! No second sock syndrome. I promise.

In the meantime though, I started working on a cowl. I'm using Bernat Softee chunky in a dark blue. I love this yarn, it holds up well, its soft, it comes in nice colors...Anyway, I've made two scarves out of it so I figured I'd make a quick easy cowl out of the leftovers from one of them. All I did was cast on 36 stitches on size 9 needles. (Using my denise's!) The pattern is six rows each of 1x1 ribbing and then garter. Because garter is stouter than stockinette/ribbing, it creates thin bands that break up the ribbing. It also creates a wavy edge where the ribbing pulls in, which I actually like. Easy. 

Here are some pictures of it so far. Keep in mind the color is totally inaccurate, its a true navy blue.



No comments:

Post a Comment