Friday, July 1, 2011

Finally done!!

Hello hello, finally, the post we've only been waiting for! (and by we, I mean me)

THE SOCKS ARE DONE!!
And totally not a failure! They fit for the most part and I'm really proud of myself. I now feel like a 'real' knitter! I ended up adding an extra half an inch to the foot of the second sock to compensate for the fact that the first one was a little tight and that was on my smaller foot. (My feet are about a half a shoe size different...yes, I'm a little bit of a freak). The colors of the stripes even match up because I started the skein at the same part. The only part that doesn't match is the toe, because it ends in purple when the other one ended in blue/white, because of the added length. But who cares!
Anyway, onto the pictures.

Off the feet #1

Off the feet #2



Thanks for being with me through the first sock journey!

6 comments:

  1. way to go! they look awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute! The colors look great and I think the purple at the end of the right sock just makes it unique. =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, great job! I can't believe they even match. My socks never match. And my first socks? Holes all up the gusset. Way to go :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. They really came out great! They look so comfy and cozy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those are beautiful. I haven't tried knitting socks yet, but it might just make a good project for the fall...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous socks, especially for a first attempt! I love the stripes!

    ReplyDelete