Saturday, June 4, 2011

Pillow, FO' show.

Hello,
As I showed off in my last post, I have been working on squares for a pillow using Lion Brand's Thick and Quick for the past couple weeks. Its been a good side project for my socks, because its the exact opposite of the sock: super easy, mindless, big needles, big yarn.
Anyway, I finished up the last square on Friday and sewed it all together while listening to the knit happens podcast, which I'd recommend. I also watched the movie "Where The Heart Is", which might give you an idea of how long it took me...oh well. I've only ever seen a part of that movie a long time ago. Natalie Portman is probably my favorite actress, and she's adorable in that movie. I also love the movie Anywhere But Here, which she also stars in.
Anyway, my sewing skills leave something to be desired. It was the first time sewing knitted stuff together, I've only ever done it with crochet. Some parts are pretty messy, but it's okay. I ended up going with the pillow insert route which worked out really well. I got a 12 by 12 one at A.C. Moore (although I'm sure any craft store would have them) for about eight bucks. The pillow in the end is super pillow-y, versus how it would have been if I filled it with polyfil (ie, overstuffed it with polyfil). Also, it was super easy and took way less time than stuffing it with polyfil.

Here are some low-quality pictures:




Thanks!


1 comment: