Tuesday, June 21, 2011

The 5:03

Hello,
It's been a little longer than I'd hoped since I last posted here. I don't have very much progress to show since I last posted, since I feel that my sock posts are repetitive! But, in terms of actual knitting progress, I started my second sock and I have just completed the heel turn. Tomorrow I'll hopefully pick up the stitches for the gusset (that is, when I figure out how to do it again...*cough ask my mom cough*). Anyway, this time around it's going much faster.
My only problem is that my gauge is a bit tighter than the first sock I think, which is disconcerting considering the last one was a bit too tight in the foot. UGH! Hopefully it'll be okay. Also, I think I have two different dye lots for the skeins-in this skein, the lightest purple color is lighter than the other! wtf! After years of crocheting and knitting, I now realize the importance of dye lot. Whatever, its a striped sock.
Also, I tried to start the skein at the same point to match up the striping, and while so far so good, I think it might for some reason not match up after the heel. Once again...whatever.

Anyway, So I realized that considering this blog is called everywhere knits, I haven't shown you guys pictures of me with my knitting outside of my bedroom. So here we go, here is a picture of me knitting the heel flap on my train home today. The picture is of my messy lap (feel free to snoop inside my bag, ha. Zip lock bags, btw are very good for keeping knitting clean from the sun chips crumbs that inhabit the bottom of my bag).

 And here is the proof that I was actually on the train:
As you can see, the main demographic of the 5:03 peak train is balding middle aged men. And me, apparently, knitting a sock. I fit in really well. 

Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment