Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Something Sweet?

Hello again,
Yesterday I spent way too much time starting and completing this. Like way too much time. I don't know what's with me, but sometimes when I start something I have to finish it the DAY OF. This used to happen to me a lot with crochet because it went so much faster for me so I felt like I could finish it in one day, but because knitting is so much slower for me I've never felt like that. This is partially why knitting has become more calming than crochet was. However, I got lured into finishing this silly thing, mainly because it seemed like a small project. Silly!
Anyway, its a...

Cupcake!
 A cupcake pincushion, to be precise. The pattern is from here. As you can see from the pattern picture, I skipped the frosting scallops, mainly because I couldn't figure out how to create the bobbles. I thought I'd be able to crochet them on, but I couldn't figure out how to since its not actually at an edge (duh...). It would have looked better with the scalloping, but oh well. Anyway, the bottom part is filled with polyfil, and within the frosting is one of those tomato pincushions. I also didn't knit the cherry like the pattern said, because it was getting way to fiddly and difficult to even close the cupcake up with the tomato inside it, let alone be able to do some little annoying cherry that probably would have taken forever for me. So i just crocheted in the round a bit and sewed it to the top. Easy.
Okay not that easy. The crocheted part was easy, but this cupcake was such a pain in the ass! I forgot how to do M1s and every time I did it left a hole, the bottom of the cupcake is all wavy and warped, my gosh! PAIN IN THE NECK! Don't bother with it unless you have patience. Or if you are a better knitter than me. (Which you probably are, lol)
Yummy?

3 comments:

  1. It's so cute! And functional ;)
    Did you crochet the blanket it's sitting on, too?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! Yes I did! Thats the best blanket ever. I was thinking of making a blog post about my favorite projects that I've done with that in it.

    ReplyDelete