Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Tearing the plastic off...

Hello!
Welcome to my brand spankin' new blog. We all know that the first entry is somewhat important and almost always bad, so I'm just going to get going with it.

This is me, Abby:
I am obviously looking appropriately nerdy, slightly too excited, and wearing a pink shawl I knitted and starting a blue skinny scarf that's currently wrapped around my neck.

And now that you've seen me, here are the basics (at least, the basics for knitters):

Age: 22 although others claim I'm 17.
Occupation: Graduate Student studying the noble profession of social work, I'm halfway through.
Years knitting: I knit my first horrible swatch around age 18, but actually began the knitting obsession about eight months ago.
Other crafts/hobbies: I am originally a crocheter, although I've been bitten by the knitting bug and now i *get* it. 
Favorite yarn: This has yet to be discovered, although I have discovered many least favorites... 
Favorite type of needles: For straights I like the 9-inch bamboo clovers, and I have recently purchased a lovely set of denise interchangeable circular needles that I am basically obsessed with.
Favorite colors to knit with: Recently, it has been softer colors, light blues, pinks, lavenders, purples.
Favorite type of project to knit: Something simple with a bit of a twist, something to keep me interested yet doesn't require a pattern in front of me constantly.
Project lusts: LACE. Socks. (But I'm in the midst of conquering the latter!)

Anyway, I hope to chronicle my knitting lusts and many mistakes through my lazy photography skills (iphone, photobooth...mind you, I have actual cameras) and of course, through writing.

Thanks for stopping by!


1 comment:

  1. I started out as a social work major too,but my teacher told me if I couldn't leave work at work I would burn out to quickly and drive myself insane worrying about the people I was helping. Since I can't just stop thinking about people who need help I decided social work wasn't for me. Instead I'm a History Major who knits for homeless people so I still feel like I'm doing some good in the world.

    Ohh PS I love your blog XD

    ReplyDelete