Thursday, July 5, 2012

Yeah, so...*ahem*

Hi there,
Yes. I know.

I know.

It's been over a half a year since I last said a word to you. It's sad and its shameful and i'm sorry. The truth is, I can make tons of excuses-I was busy with my last semester of school, I've been busy preparing for my sister's wedding that was a couple weeks ago, graduating, trying to find a job...etc. But the truth is, is that I've always said to people who say, "oh I'd love to learn to knit/crochet/play the ukulele/etc, but i just don't have enough time" that if you really want to do something, you make the time. So yes. I'll call bullshit on myself and say that I haven't really been inspired to get on here. Also, I got in a major rut where I wasn't in the mood to knit much for the past six months. I've got two scarves that are almost done, but have been in the same state for months. I've got 3/4s of a sock done. It's just been...i don't know. I haven't been in the mood to knit much.
However, I have been more in the mood to crochet, especially over the past month or so, and in reviewing the projects I've made since we last spoke, its mostly been crochet...so thats. interesting. I've done a bunch of very small projects over the past month, as well as finished up a really large project, which was a beautiful chevron shawl in a glittery yarn for my grandmother for my sister's wedding. I unfortunately do not have pictures of that, because I gave it to her before taking pictures-my bad. seriously. my bad. it was glorious.
Anyway, before I show you some pictures of some projects I've completed since I last posted, I wanted to let you know some big news that I alluded to up there. I got engaged! In march. So...not really new, but still exciting! Anyway, here are some pictures, i'll do them in time order, starting from last december to now.

1. Aryeh's Anniversary/Birthday Blanket (crochet)
This is a scrap blanket that I made using mainly blues, greens, greys, browns, and yellows. Its a reincarnation of my first scrap blanket that Aryeh loved, that you can see on my ravelry page. He's been using it a lot since I gave it to him, and it was the biggest project I ever gave to someone. 

2.  Turban Headbands (knit)

These were two quick projects I did. I haven't worn them out, but maybe I will in the fall.

3. Mosaic Hat (crochet)
Hmm...i can't seem to find pictures of it on my computer. See it on my ravelry page here. Yes, it looks cute, but it came out too small and looked awful with my hair. I got a really horrible haircut in December that I am still growing out, and this hat was able to highlight every awful bit of it.

4. Starburst Lap Blanket (crochet)
This was a blanket that I started years ago, and unearthed in my room this past winter. All i really needed to do was finish up a round and sew in the ends. I believe I wanted to do three more rounds in the purple color, but I decided that it was better done now, than never done.

5. Flower Pins (crochet)
These are awesome, and I love using them to add to my outfits. Planning on making more.



6. Peter Pan Collars (crochet- this week)
I'm addicted to these. I made three, all this week.




Okay, that's it for now! Sorry about the mega-long post. I'll finish it up with a picture of me (actually looking good for once in my life...it was when I came home from my sister's wedding-best makeup ever) and my fiance. Thanks!


4 comments:

  1. You're alive! And engaged! Congratulations on both accounts ♥
    How great to see some of the crafty goodness you've been working on- shame no pictures of the shawl, though. ;)
    I hope you find time to update again soon- I'd love to know when you're planning your wedding!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice to see a post from you again. :) Congratulations on the engagement! Lovely projects, too, especially the starburst shawl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. congrats on the engagement! happy to see you are back and love those projects!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey there, I think you may have abandoned this blog, but I always enjoyed it, so in case you ever come back I nominated you for a Liebster Award here: http://apologyforanidler.blogspot.ie/2013/06/lieblings_30.html Sorry for the link, I promise I'm not a spambot, and I hope things are well with you a year later!

    ReplyDelete