Monday, August 22, 2011

wait, its been a month?

Oops.
Yes, its been almost a month since I've posted and I'm sorry! I haven't had any FOs to show, and what I've been working on has been pretty boring and not really WIP post-worthy. But i know, I know, these are just excuses. I've had ideas for blog posts that don't require actual knitting. For instance, I recently went to the Lion Brand Yarn Studio in NYC, and I am planning on posting a review of the store and the goodies I came away with. Does that make up for the lack of posts? I sort of hope so.
ANYWAY, here are some pictures of a bright yellow scarf I just finished the other night. It's 2x2 rib (CO 36, i think) made of Caron Simply Soft and I used size 8 needles. I've had this yarn in my stash forever, so I finally did something with it. Nothing exciting at all, except for the fact that it's obviously ridiculously bright yellow. So yeah...not the most stylish thing, thats for sure.
Sometimes 2x2 rib on and on and on is enough for me, it makes for good tv knitting.


 Yeah...sorry for looking completely awful, I'm currently sick with an awful cold/possible sinus infection.
Anyway, here's a WIP i've been working on, another simple ribbed scarf. I started it the same day as the yellow one, but clearly I worked on the yellow one way more frequently. It's a skinny scarf in 1x1 rib (CO 24 stitches, size 7 needles) made of Caron Spa yarn, which is beautiful and silky soft, but ridiculously splitty.
(awful picture, sorry...)

Anyway, I'm in a bit of knitting rut right now, but I'm kind of okay with it. I started some mittens a few weeks ago as well, but haven't worked on them. Michael's stopped selling a full stock of clover needles and only sell metal boye DPNs, which I kind of hate to use, because they are so heavy. I'm thinking of ordering some plastic lion brand ones I tried out at the lb yarn studio that I surprisingly enjoyed using, and then maybe i'll get back to working on the mittens. 

Hope to talk to you soon!

1 comment:

  1. I think every blogger understands that life gets in the way sometimes, but at least you have something awesome coming up that does indeed make up for your absence. I can't wait to hear your Lion Brand adventures. ;)

    ReplyDelete